Hello everyone! Welcome to my first makeup post 🙂 If you know me, you’ll know that I have a slight makeup problem… I have way too much! But I can’t help it, I just love it so, and I honestly look forward to putting my makeup on every morning. So today I decided I would do a quick post on my fave go to glam look for daytime. It looks quite heavy, but because I’m using mineral makeup it feels like I’m wearing no face makeup at all!
My skin is quite sensitive and dry, so for the longest time I thought that mineral makeup wouldn’t work for my skin, but boy was I wrong! I was at Winners two weeks ago with my brother and saw that they had a couple Bellapierre Cosmetics mineral makeup sets on sale for $14… So I thought I’d try it out, and now I can never go back to regular liquid foundations!
Mineral makeup is considered to be better for your skin as it is natural, and usually only contains 3-4 natural ingredients. Bellapierre foundation has an SPF of 15 which can cause a little bit of flashback, so if you’re doing a big photoshoot with flash I’d choose a mineral foundation without spf. But enough rambling, let’s get to the makeup!
- Prep your face with a primer. I used a bit of Lancome La Base Pro, which I got as a sample about a year ago. I find using a primer helps to prolong the wear of my powder foundation.
- Apply your concealer, or in my case the Bellapierre makeup base, under your eyes and on any blemishes. Make sure to blend this product out well!
- Apply your foundation, if you’re using a mineral foundation tip the jar upside down and tap a small amount of the product into the lid. Swirl a dense kabuki brush into the product and then apply it to your face in circular motions.
- Next step is bronzer! Since it’s the end of March I have started to fake tan a bit (hard to believe from how pale I look in the photo, I know) so I need to match my face to my more tanned body. On a small bronzer brush apply the colour under your cheekbones, around your forehead, and along your jaw to minimize the look of a double chin.
- If you want to add a bit more colour to your face you can now add some blush. I added a touch of Bellapierre’s mineral blush in Desert Rose just to the apples of my cheeks.
- This is a crazy simple eye look. Start off by lining your top lashes with a black liquid eyeliner. I like to create quite a thick wing, especially one that is quite thick in the middle so that it makes my eyes look a bit bigger.
- Once your liquid liner has dried, line your top waterline (the space between your eyelashes and your eyelid) with a black kohl eyeliner pencil. This will make your lashes look thicker and your eyes more feline!
- Curl your eyelashes, and then apply some dramatic false eyelashes. I like the Ardell Demi Wispies as they add a lot of height but aren’t too full.
- You may ask, no mascara? but when I wear false eyelashes I like to skip mascara, as I find my natural lashes are too long to wear falsies with when they have mascara on. If your eyelashes are blonde, apply a quick coat of mascara right before applying your falsies to help them blend.
- Line your lips with a warm brown lip pencil. I like to overdraw mine a little bit to make them appear a bit plumper.
- Next using a matte liquid lipstick fill in your lips, making sure to go right to the edge. I used Kat Von D’s Lolita liquid lipstick, which is a pretty terracotta coloured shade.
And that is all! Looks like a lot, but once you break it down it’s not quite that much.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will see you all on Friday with a new recipe 🙂