Hello everyone! Today’s post brings you a yummy recipe 🙂 a cookie recipe to be exact! The other day my boyfriend returned from a business trip and I wanted to surprise him with some cookies! So I tried out a new recipe and they turned out amazing! The best foods really do come from experimenting.
1 Cup of Organic Peanut Butter (I used crunchy but I know a lot of people dislike it)
2/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tbs of Vanilla
4 Tbs of Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
A pinch of salt
Some gluten free chocolate
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Mix together peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a big bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the cocoa mixture to the big bowl of the peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix as much as possible, the ingredients will be quite dry so they may not mix completely.
4. Add the egg and mix until completely combined.
5. Sprinkle in your gluten free chocolate. This could be chocolate chips, or a gluten free chocolate bunny like I had, which was lying around from Easter.
6. Roll the cookie dough into balls and lay them in a cookie sheet.
7. Press down the cookies a bit so they won’t be too puffy.
8. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Mine took 7, but they were a bit on the thin side.
9. Remove from the baking sheet and let cool. They go super well with vanilla ice cream 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! And be sure to test it out.